Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blackxacto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
Using Kindle App in iOS15.3 on an 11” iPad Pro, when I hilight text, I get two large windows that I am not using. Is there a way to stop showing these two windows when I hilight text using the Kindle App? One box is a dictionary access, the other a Wikipedia access. All I want to do is hilight text. I don’t want to access anything else.

Can I shut these two windows off?

Attachments

• E939E232-7D9A-4C0E-A4E2-6936BD298FDC.png
    E939E232-7D9A-4C0E-A4E2-6936BD298FDC.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 270

coffee06

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2021
I’ve got a older iPad but I don’t get these boxes from highlighting. If I press on something I had previously highlighted, then I get a wikipedia box. It looks like you are doing that since the highlight color menu is also showing. Just highlight and move on without touching the highlighted section again. Note that I do have push notifications off For the Kindle app…maybe that matters.

blackxacto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
I have shut off any updating or push to the Kindle app, only WIFI connection. Still get these stupid boxes.

coffee06

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2021
Curiouser and curiouser. I only get them when selecting text already highlighted. You are saying you get the boxes when highlighting…initially? If so, that would be annoying.

blackxacto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
I select the text. Click a color to hilite, then the boxes appear. To get rid of them i must click on the page .

coffee06

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2021
Ah…then yes, I get that too. In my case, I just use the default highlights since I mainly want these “recorded” so that I can find my highlights later in notes view. But if I were using my kindle as a textbook for studying, I’d want different highlight colors. Don’t know a way around that If you want color choices.

blackxacto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
Was thinking about this, I don’t have a choice about these boxes, i click to start the hiliting. When i let go (finish) the boxes always pop up. That’s when i have to click again to make them disappear.

coffee06

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2021
Was thinking about this, I don’t have a choice about these boxes, i click to start the hiliting. When i let go (finish) the boxes always pop up. That’s when i have to click again to make them disappear.
That would drive me a bit batty too. I don’t see the boxes when I do that. I assume you’ve updated the app to latest version. May just be quirk of iPad Pro since mine is 5th gen iPad…maybe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.