Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MVPilot172

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2020
Western PA
My Series 1 Watch got the dreaded swollen battery and the screen popped open. I’ve had the watch for 5 years and it wasn’t holding a charge so not a big surprise. Took it in to the Apple store thinking there wouldn’t be anything for them to do about it. But, for $79 I was shipped a brand new Series 2 watch as a replacement since the battery swelled. I’ve not dealt with another company that is willing to support their tech products after a year let alone 5 years. Apple playing the long game knowing I’ll keep buying their stuff.

mcNY

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2022
Perhaps off-topic, but today I called support about not being able to get the Bluetooth working on my very old Air (which he figured out how to fix)...and then got into an impromptu conversation about the new Air, which I'll have to get relatively soon, and his advice was so on point, and in fact, suggested I not max out the way I was planning to (therefore saving me money). I just enjoyed the conversation, (and the never hard sell) and now have a better idea of what I should get. So much of why I buy Apple products at a premium has to do with this level of service and product knowledge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.