Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dan1229

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2017
Hi guys,

So, I got a new Lacie d2 Quadra USB 3.0 and as I usually would do with Lacie hard drives, tried to immediately format it using Disk Utility. The problem is that it seems this time one should only use the Setup Assistant included in the disk. By formating, the setup assistant and ReadMe file were deleted, some errors occured and now I have a 4TB drive with only 275 MB available.

I tried to copy the assistant from another Lacie drive but it just won't work... Please help!

g4cube

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2003
You would have to delete the current MBR partition, and repartion first, to be successful and get full access to the drive.

All you did was reformat the current setup partition, which deleted the setup utility, included backup application, and the documentation.

The LaCie Setup utility would have done this for you, along with saving the backup utility and documentation.

Never just reformat out if the gate, unless you truly understand what you are doing. Prevents a headache.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.