Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexmoi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2008
Hi there,
Would love to share some of my travel photos with you all, the data of how each photos was taken can be found in the EXIF of each photo. Hope you like it.

people-of-laocai-sapa-vietnam01.jpg

people-of-laocai-sapa-vietnam03.jpg

people-of-laocai-sapa-vietnam09.jpg

people-of-laocai-sapa-vietnam17.jpg

Randman

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2008
Jacksonville, Fla
Good photography but it could be anywhere in Southeast Asia. Doesn't really capture the flavor of Vietnam from those posted. But pretty to look at.

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Having only been to the airport in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) I really appreciate these photographs of the countryside of Vietnam. In fairness, I think they definitely capture the essence of the country, despite similarities to other locales in SE Asia. The subject is what it is. Alexmoi didn't claim to represent something necessarily unique to Vietnam, or that he captured the flavor of Vietnam, but instead wanted to share some of his travel photos, which he did.

Randman

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2008
Jacksonville, Fla
Well, I've not been to this area but have traveled the entire coast route from Saigon up to Nah Trang to Hoi Ann and onto HCMC and up to Halong Bay. Like I said, the photos are pretty but without knowing it mentioned as Vietnam, I'd have guessed some other country in Asia. Not trying to be a wet blanket but Vietnam has some amazing sights.

alexmoi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2008
very nice pictures!
is this in RAW? other than that its nice to see the beauty of vietnam from another person

thomahawk,
All photos was shoot in jpeg, which is already quite good to my standard, the d700 sensor performance is absolutely fantastic.

I will post a lot more vietnam photos here, especially the Hanoi and halong bay one.

chiefroastbeef

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas/ Hong Kong
Great pictures friend!

I went to Sapa three years ago, and it was amazing. My favorite thing was seeing a local girl dressed in tribal clothing sitting in an internet cafe chatting on the computer.

Thank you for sharing.

HomeingPigeon

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2007
I love the pictures.

My only advice is that the sky in some of the pictures seems to lack detail. Maybe it is just me though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.