Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZlatanSweden10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2018
Hi,

So I'm having a problem with this file for Safari. So this is how it started, I upgraded my MacBook Pro 15' Inch Late 2011 into macOS High Sierra. Everything was going fine till all my Tabs disappeared. All the tabs were there but all on empty, I went and clicked the history tab and "Reopen All Windows from Last Session" was greyed out. ALL my history is still there. But not the tabs.

I searched up how people recovered their Last Session and Tabs and they used Time Machine to recover the file "LastSession.plist". I didn't have a Time Machine Backup (I will for sure now. Once I can get my old tabs). But I heard there are softwares which recover old files. The best one was "Stellar Mac Data Recovery". I bought the cheapest membership for the Software and recovered the file "LastSession.plist" prior to me losing my Tabs. I have file recovered and ready. But every time I replace the current "LastSession.plist" in the Library/Safari folder. It just deletes all the everything on the document and starts with a plain document. I've also tried opening the documents and copy and pasting from the Recover one to the current one and the same thing happens. It driving me crazy. I thought it was cause the Safari Versions are different but that hasn't changed anything. I've tried it on Safari 8, 10 and 11. Same thing happens. I've opened the "LastSession.plist" file and ALL the links from that session is there.

Please help! I desperately need the tabs back!

(Give me your email I will send you the 2 Versions of the LastSession.plist . The files are too big to attach to this Post. I'll send you the recovered one (with all the Tabs) and the empty one which is on the Laptop right now.)

Any replies would be highly appreciated!

Thanks, ZlatanSweden10

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.