Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SimeoneSergio

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2012
London UK
Greetings,

lately i went to an Apple Store to see what was wrong with my rMBP because the battery appears to be at less than 80% capacity and it turned out that it might be the Logic Board. The issue is that it fails to pass the test, but everytime it is run it gives a different error (like one time it is sensor X, next is sensor Y and so on, while same test says battery is in good health ).

To wrap it up:

Late 2014 rMBP 15" High end spec (top CPU and even the 1TB drive)
https://everymac.com/systems/apple/...l-graphics-mid-2014-retina-display-specs.html

- Battery at less than 80% design capacity (according to coconut battery, but Apple test says it's fine);
- Logic Board (different errors per test run);

Did anyone here have same problem?

Now... I have the Apple care (which runs out mid Jan 2018): do you think they'll change logic board and what is needed to be changed or is there any chance that i could get a new tbMBP with same grade spec because they "can't repair it"? :D:D:D

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
Whether they replace your logic board, give you a 2015 or 2017 model is anyone’s guess. The best thing is to take it to an Apple Store and find out. Good that you have AppleCare as an out of warranty logic board replacement is expensive.

Keep us posted.

SimeoneSergio

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2012
London UK
Thanks for the reply.

My post was mainly to ask if anyone had a previous experience like mine and what was the outcome.

Actually, Apple care has also spared me a lot of money because for certain reasons the keyboard was scratching the screen coating off then closed, resulting in a damaged screen.

It's a must have of course.

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
Thanks for the reply.

My post was mainly to ask if anyone had a previous experience like mine and what was the outcome.

Actually, Apple care has also spared me a lot of money because for certain reasons the keyboard was scratching the screen coating off then closed, resulting in a damaged screen.

It's a must have of course.

They will fix it under apple care, if it continues to be a problem and needs more fixes for the same problem then they may replace it after the 3rd repair but they are under no obligation to do so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.