Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you think it will take Apple THIS long to satisfy Jet Black orders?

• Yes

• No

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

usamed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2016
I noticed that there were no forums for those who had made a late order for a 7 Plus in Jet Black, so I'm creating this for all of you that have.

This order was made through AT&T, by the way

I submitted my order on October 11, 2016 at around 4:30 PM for a 256GB Jet Black iPhone 7 Plus.

My expected ship dates are Dec. 21-Dec. 29, 2016. Hoping it doesn't take this long for AT&T to get it to me.

If you'd like to share your order history and/or updated information on the progress of your order, make sure to list your order date alongside its estimated shipping dates.

Keep reading for a funny story:

I initially preordered an iPhone 7 Plus Black 256GB model on Septmeber 15 at around 5 PM with estimated ship dates in mid-October, so it came as a surprise when it arrived 19 days early on Septemeber 26.

After having the phone for a week, I decided I wanted to exchange it for a new (NON-EXPLOSIVE) Galaxy Note 7. I made the exchange Monday, October 3.

After having and loving the Note 7 for a week, new updates to the explosion fiasco proved the issue had not been resolved and my phone could very well be affected.

So, yesterday, I decided to replace it and order, yet again, another iPhone 7 Plus.

JUST MY LUCK

So, as you now understand the frustration, feel free to enlighten me with your own stories and provide me with your, hopefully improved, shipping dates for the Jet Black Plus models.

It can't possibly take Apple THIS long to get these phones out....Right?!? If so, won't it be a merry Christmas for me!!

bliggs

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2012
Broken Arrow
I noticed that there were no forums for those who had made a late order for a 7 Plus in Jet Black, so I'm creating this for all of you that have.

This order was made through AT&T, by the way

I submitted my order on October 11, 2016 at around 4:30 PM for a 256GB Jet Black iPhone 7 Plus.

My expected ship dates are Dec. 21-Dec. 29, 2016. Hoping it doesn't take this long for AT&T to get it to me.

If you'd like to share your order history and/or updated information on the progress of your order, make sure to list your order date alongside its estimated shipping dates.

Keep reading for a funny story:

I initially preordered an iPhone 7 Plus Black 256GB model on Septmeber 15 at around 5 PM with estimated ship dates in mid-October, so it came as a surprise when it arrived 19 days early on Septemeber 26.

After having the phone for a week, I decided I wanted to exchange it for a new (NON-EXPLOSIVE) Galaxy Note 7. I made the exchange Monday, October 3.

After having and loving the Note 7 for a week, new updates to the explosion fiasco proved the issue had not been resolved and my phone could very well be affected.

So, yesterday, I decided to replace it and order, yet again, another iPhone 7 Plus.

JUST MY LUCK

So, as you now understand the frustration, feel free to enlighten me with your own stories and provide me with your, hopefully improved, shipping dates for the Jet Black Plus models.

It can't possibly take Apple THIS long to get these phones out....Right?!? If so, won't it be a merry Christmas for me!!

I didn't think it would take them this long either but here I am still waiting for mine. Ordered 9/9 at 2:24am CDT, was given a ship date of 10/18-10/31. Definitely not getting it early and am starting to wonder if I will even get it within the projected window so good luck to you sir...

Reactions: usamed

usamed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2016
I didn't think it would take them this long either but here I am still waiting for mine. Ordered 9/9 at 2:24am CDT, was given a ship date of 10/18-10/31. Definitely not getting it early and am starting to wonder if I will even get it within the projected window so good luck to you sir...

Hope you get yours soon, man! I can't imagine you should have to wait too much longer...

Reactions: bliggs

usamed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2016
LOL, and you were sober when you made that decision? :rolleyes:
Yes, I was. The Note 7, had it not been defective, would have very well been the best mobile phone of 2016. Best screen resolution and camera put into a smartphone. No denying that fact. The phone is gorgeous. That being said, I also love the iPhone and am happy it's on its way.

Neverbepeace

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2009
New York
Thats crazy. I just placed an order for the 256gb JB today from T-Mobile. Shipping time they gave me is Oct 18th-25th.

hmmm-alright.gif

Reactions: MuGeN PoWeR

damanr

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2016
I decided way too late to order, ordered on 09/23 through T-Mobile for the Jet Black 7+ 128 GB. It's giving me a window of 11/15-12/12, and while I hope it won't be that long - at this stage I'm super pessimistic I get it before December.

Gah!

usamed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2016
Thats crazy. I just placed an order for the 256gb JB today from T-Mobile. Shipping time they gave me is Oct 18th-25th.

hmmm-alright.gif
Hmm... I'd be very surprised if you get it within that time frame!!
[doublepost=1476312575][/doublepost]
I decided way too late to order, ordered on 09/23 through T-Mobile for the Jet Black 7+ 128 GB. It's giving me a window of 11/15-12/12, and while I hope it won't be that long - at this stage I'm super pessimistic I get it before December.

Gah!
Agreed. It's becoming more and more likely from what's being said, in my opinion.

apwtwenty

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2011
ordered 9-30 (way late) through Apple, 7+ JB sprint 128gb

estimation of nov. 22 - dec 6
with the iUP program

had a 7 JB but decided i wanted the + instead (big mistake),
it's ok though. had i ordered the + to begin with, i probably wouldn't be waiting now but who knows

we continue to wait ..

side note: does the carrier matter, as far as possibly getting it sooner?, just a thought

StevenL94

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2016
New York, NY
I ordered a iPhone 7 Plus Jet Black 256GB for AT&T on September 15th. Stuck with a delivery date of November 18th. Hopefully it's sooner.

usamed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2016
ordered 9-30 (way late) through Apple, 7+ JB sprint 128gb

estimation of nov. 22 - dec 6
with the iUP program

had a 7 JB but decided i wanted the + instead (big mistake),
it's ok though. had i ordered the + to begin with, i probably wouldn't be waiting now but who knows

we continue to wait ..

side note: does the carrier matter, as far as possibly getting it sooner?, just a thought

Yea, I've heard T-Mobile usually gets the phones out the quickest and most conveniently compared to the other carriers. So I'd expect them to get the JB's shipped/released first.
[doublepost=1476313369][/doublepost]
I ordered a iPhone 7 Plus Jet Black 256GB for AT&T on September 15th. Stuck with a delivery date of November 18th. Hopefully it's sooner.
You're still in better shape than me, bud!

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Not sure if y'all have been hanging around here lately but Target has been the place to go for getting the +. I recommend you start checking their site in the morning.

I found my 128GB JB last week and they even did a 24 hour hold for me when I called.

usamed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2016
Not sure if y'all have been hanging around here lately but Target has been the place to go for getting the +. I recommend you start checking their site in the morning.

I found my 128GB JB last week and they even did a 24 hour hold for me when I called.
All of my local Target stores say "sold out" online... Not sure if that's totally indicative of their supply or stock.
[doublepost=1476319217][/doublepost]
Same here... Hopefully mid November at the latest??? I know that's wishful thinking!!!

apwtwenty

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2011
Yea, I've heard T-Mobile usually gets the phones out the quickest and most conveniently compared to the other carriers. So I'd expect them to get the JB's shipped/released first.
[doublepost=1476313369][/doublepost]
You're still in better shape than me, bud!
through Apple or T MO online?

also, i wish i could buy from target, but i want Iup :( :/

jwharton26

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2016
my orginal order was 9/9 at 7pm for a jb 7+ 128g but i cancelled that because i saw it in the store and didnt like it.

re-ordered 128g matte black september 20th at 1pm. i have gotten 3 e-mails from sprint saying once inventory came in i would get my phone. welp today is the 23rd day and im still waiting

Danjrel

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2016
my orginal order was 9/9 at 7pm for a jb 7+ 128g but i cancelled that because i saw it in the store and didnt like it.

re-ordered 128g matte black september 20th at 1pm. i have gotten 3 e-mails from sprint saying once inventory came in i would get my phone. welp today is the 23rd day and im still waiting

Sprint sux

Danjrel

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2016
big balls....they lied last week and said my phone arrived on the 4th and would ship soon. then this week its a different story! lying ass fools

Tmobile is the best imo. Version is money hungry and overages hungry. Att isn't that great. I've had no problems with tmobile kinda high priced but unlimited no throttled data

jwharton26

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2016
Tmobile is the best imo. Version is money hungry and overages hungry. Att isn't that great. I've had no problems with tmobile kinda high priced but unlimited no throttled data
i agree with you. i had t-mobile but got stationed in a state that dont have towers so i had to choose between sprint, verizon or at&t and sprint it was. but i promise once i move im going to tmobile again

Danjrel

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2016
i agree with you. i had t-mobile but got stationed in a state that dont have towers so i had to choose between sprint, verizon or at&t and sprint it was. but i promise once i move im going to tmobile again

Yeah tmobile doesn't have verizon coverage. I wish they did though. No one would stay with Verizon. I guess they are a hit or miss.

usamed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2016
Great news!! My Jet Black 256GB iPhone 7 Plus was ordered October 11th 2016 and was given an estimated ship date of December 21st thru December 29th, 2016. However this morning, I received updated shipping information from AT&T stating that my new ship dates are November 30th, 2016 through December 7th, 2016.

For all of you that have ordered a Jet Black Plus, I have a feeling your phones will be arriving sooner than expected, as I'd previously anticipated.

Leave your ship dates down below alongside your order date so we can get an idea of just how soon these bad boys will get out to us impatient customers!!

Reactions: QuietFun

SBA

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2008
Great news!! My Jet Black 256GB iPhone 7 Plus was ordered October 11th 2016 and was given an estimated ship date of December 21st thru December 29th, 2016. However this morning, I received updated shipping information from AT&T stating that my new ship dates are November 30th, 2016 through December 7th, 2016.

For all of you that have ordered a Jet Black Plus, I have a feeling your phones will be arriving sooner than expected, as I'd previously anticipated.

Leave your ship dates down below alongside your order date so we can get an idea of just how soon these bad boys will get out to us impatient customers!!

Similar story as yours - I returned a Note 7 and had them order me an iPhone 7+ 128gb in Jet Black on 10/9.

Initial ship date range was 12/19-12/27. Just got an email this morning saying the date was moved up to 11/28-12/5. Obviously hoping it ships sooner than that, but I'll keep an eye on Apple store inventory and see if I can't snag one even sooner.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.