Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ForgetfulSilence

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2017
Hello!

After years and years of on and off thinking, I've now decided to jailbreak my latest iPhone, hurrah!
The reason for this is I'm getting sick of what i have now, iOS 11 looks bloody boring in my opinion and I just want full control and customisation on my phone, so here I am!

My iPhone is the 7 Plus (remembered reading how the 7 Plus is different compared to others phones for jailbreak) and it is running 10.3.1 (and I'm guessing I'll have to downgrade, another thing I don't know how to do)

I have a Macbook to do all this, I just don't know where to start and what's the most recent jailbreak? (like I read 10.2 is but that's for every device but the 7 Plus so I am very confused)

I am very nooby to all this but I guess we all were when we started lol.

Thank you in advance to all help for this! :)

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
Bottom line: There is no available jailbreak for 10.3.1 (or 10.3.2), and you cannot downgrade to an earlier, jailbreakable iOS version (10.1.1 for the 7+) since it is no longer being signed by Apple.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Jailbreaking is dead
Are you adding your voice to the long line of people who claimed jailbreaking was dead with iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, and iOS 10?

Generally these people make this claim and we never hear from them again once a jailbreak drops for the firmware they said jailbreaking was dead for.

Funny how that works!

Last edited:

Deetlebug89

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2014
The only jailbreak available for iPhone 7/7+ is Yalu101 it is for iOS 10.1 and10.1.1 only!!! Also now there is also another tool extra_recipe and it's a more stable extension of Yalu 101 it supports iOS 10.0.x-10.1.1 on the 7/7+

Some recent rumors suggest a pangu jailbreak is possibly coming in the future for 10.3.1 although no one is certain how legitimate this information is ... there was a demo of the jailbreak at a convention but never any real evidence from pangu they would release it (so if I was you I would stay there) on the firmware you have

Yalu102 works on 64bit iOS devices with iOS 10.2 (BASICALLY FOR EVERYTHING BUT 7/7+)

I recently purchased a iPhone 7 with iOS 10.1.1 installed because I knew from the serial number the production date of the iPhone so if people must have Iphone 7 with 10.1- 10.1.1 you have to look at the back of the box and check the serial numbers... it took me 17 att stores and 3 walmarts to finally find one about 2 weeks ago...

Looking at the 4th and 5th letters the following serial number range iPhone 7 devices are pre-loaded / shipped 10.1.1
__SP _SQ _SR _SS _ST _SU __SV
___SO and below appear to be 10.1 or lower
___SW and higher will more than likely be 10.2+

My iPhone 7 128 jet black was a SR and came with 10.1.1 just as the list above shows so for anyone looking for a new one find one in them ranges or sell your current one then find a new one sealed with them letters and you will know for sure your getting a jailbreakable
Iphone 7 series

I despise stock iOS so the lengths I went through to get a jailbreakable version may seem extensive to some or all but to each their own and I'm completely happy my efforts payed off with a brand new 10.1.1 in the exact model I wanted

Attachments

• IMG_2453.JPG
    IMG_2453.JPG
    714.5 KB · Views: 193

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
JBing isn't dead...but it's considerably harder for the players to find and craft exploits that will yield a breakthrough.

On one side, you have Apple offering $$$ for exploits and on the other, private industry, etc doing the same.

Reactions: Applejuiced
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.