Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Hello to all.
I was pleasantly surprised today when I opened my email and found information from Nikon concerning lighting in this multiple part video. As it seems, more folks are trying to find ways of lighting their photos with or without a budget and from one, to several flashes, lighting sources and so on.

So as a start from someone really new to photography, I'm hoping this will be a growing topic for a thread in this great forum and would like to see many members add to it so that everyone can grow and refine their passion or even better their hobby interests and skills.

Here is a link for some really simple yet creative ways to generate your vision. Again, please feel free to post links, photos and examples along the way.
Enjoy :)

http://www.nikonusa.com/Learn-And-E...t-Moves.html?cid=emaillejul10featuredlm#tab=2

jackerin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2008
Finland
Still waiting for the first video to load, but when we're talking off-camera lighting the obligatory link is of course the Strobist.

As a beginning lighter myself it's cool to see new flashes coming out dedicated to it, incorporating even the old p/c-socket for cheap syncing of multiple flashes. Up to now I've been lighing with just one flash, but I recently got my hands on a used SB-24 (just need a flash-foot for it to mount on the tripod).

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
Original poster
I thought the shower curtain was a really cool idea. I've been looking at my glass block windows from my basement and thinking how to use them to alter/diffuse some interesting light into my art room for some photos so this was a good affirmation of trying different things out.
I also thought it was a really cool space for his work with a ton of options if any rigging was needed out of the natural elements.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.