Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you buying the MagSafe charger with your leather case?

• Total voters

mrouke

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2020
I’m curious who is buying the MagSafe charger if they have the leather case (could leave a ring mark) and who’s skipping out - why are you getting it or why not?

thecoffee_

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2019
I'm curious about this, too! I have the Saddle Brown leather case and ordered the MagSafe charger, but it's still in the box. I'm so torn on whether I want to use it or not. The only time I charge my iPhone is at night while I'm sleeping, so to me it doesn't really offer any huge pros but the one con is that it will mark up my leather case.

Reactions: mrouke

FilmIndustryGuy

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2015
Manhattan Beach, CA
who cares. its a tool. it will get scuffed up anyways and soon you wont care about the look of your phone because there will be iPhone 15 you are excited about. youll give up the 12 and the leather case for free like you are trading your Corolla for a Tesla. Focus on feel, grip and how smooth it goes into your tight pocket.

I would be more torn about buying a dress shirt and nice pants that dont wrinkle easily.

we all open up our new phone boxes and hold them like new born babies only to not care how we toss them on the desk 1.5 years later. No one cares how your phone case looks. we all have our own and dont really care about them.

Reactions: Ezra923

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
Ordered a mini and a saddle brown leather case. Didn’t order mag safe charger because my Qi wireless chargers work fine. I primarily, >90% of the time, charge while I sleep. If I need a quick boost, I plug in or throw on a battery case. Part of my lack of enthusiasm for mag safe is all the qualifiers around its speed, need for a specific ac adapter standard, magnetic strength and convenience. Wouldn’t be concerned about marks left on the case by the mag safe charger.

Reactions: thecoffee_

TheRedOx

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2009
Chicago, IL
I was playing with the MagSafe charger and ProMax case yesterday (just don't have the phone yet..) and I can already see it's leaving a faint ring on the outside....and I don't care; it looks cool.

Reactions: anevab26

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong
I got a silicone case and a leather case for my iPhone 12 Pro Max.

I also have the MagSafe charger and adapter.

I was all excited to use them tomorrow but now I am feeling a bit uncomfortable.

Apple has not suggested not to use the MagSafe charger with the leather and silicone cases? Why did they release MagSafe then? For the leather wallet which will easily drop off from the phone, when putting into the pocket?

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA

I was all excited to use them tomorrow but now I am feeling a bit uncomfortable.

Apple has not suggested not to use the MagSafe charger with the leather and silicone cases? Why did they release MagSafe then? For the leather wallet which will easily drop off from the phone, when putting into the pocket?
Well the good news is you’ll have until January 8th to make up your mind on whether or not to keep them. To be fair, Apple does now include a photo in the product description for the leather case with mag safe charger “wear”. They don’t state it implicitly but there is a visual.

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2014
Not gonna bother. The leather case looks and feels lovely and Apple suggested not to do it.

They didn’t suggest not to charge with MagSafe while using their cases. They say that if you are concerned about the MagSafe imprint being left on your case, then you should choose other cases.

Abbsta

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
They didn’t suggest not to charge with MagSafe while using their cases. They say that if you are concerned about the MagSafe imprint being left on your case, then you should choose other cases.
Agreed.

FilmIndustryGuy

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2015
Manhattan Beach, CA
my black mini + black leather case looks very classy. looks better in person than in photos. I also enjoy touching the case. feels nice. everything else looks goofy colors to me coming from apple

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I have the leather case and a MagSafe charger that sits on my nightstand. I plan on using that to charge overnight. I will be alternating between either having the phone laying face up on the MagSafe charger and laying face down with the charger on top.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.