Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hkih

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2016
Hi can anyone help me?
I thought I had the iOS10 beta installed on my iphone 6 which I joined a few months ago. However, I have now left the beta programme. I still cannot delete the feedback assistant however, because I deleted the beta 'profile' in general settings a while back as instructed by an EE helper, (was having EE network problems). I want to make sure that when iOS10 comes out later, I will have this version and nothing with the bugs that the beta version has. Can anyone tell me if I will be able to update my phone to iOS 10 later? At the moment my phone just says ios 10.0 under software update. Does this mean I already have the final version? I'm so confused!! TIA for any help!! :)

TurboPGT!

Suspended
Sep 25, 2015
If you have no beta profile installed of any kinda, wait for 1PM ET today and you will be seeded 10.0.1 like the rest of the world.

Reactions: hkih

gigapocket1

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2009
Just wait till the official version comes out later today. You will have an update available. And then you would officially be off of the Beta and won't have to worry about being on the Beta's in the future

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
I've now installed 10.0.1 and removed the beta profile, do we think the public release is gonna be the same build?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I've now installed 10.0.1 and removed the beta profile, do we think the public release is gonna be the same build?
That is the prevailing opinion. If it's not the same build, and is something newer, then you'd be offered that update as usual so that you could install it.

gigapocket1

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2009

I personally don't think its going to be the same build... But to be fair.. This build is wayyyyy better than the iOS 9 GM so...

andyt3

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2016
Northern CT
So we just have to be sure to remove the beta profile before updating? Or can it stay there, and I can just remove it later?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
So we just have to be sure to remove the beta profile before updating? Or can it stay there, and I can just remove it later?
It can stay. However if a new beta update comes out (let's say for iOS 10.1) then you'd be presented with that to update.

Paddle1

macrumors 603
May 1, 2013
Hi can anyone help me?
I thought I had the iOS10 beta installed on my iphone 6 which I joined a few months ago. However, I have now left the beta programme. I still cannot delete the feedback assistant however, because I deleted the beta 'profile' in general settings a while back as instructed by an EE helper, (was having EE network problems). I want to make sure that when iOS10 comes out later, I will have this version and nothing with the bugs that the beta version has. Can anyone tell me if I will be able to update my phone to iOS 10 later? At the moment my phone just says ios 10.0 under software update. Does this mean I already have the final version? I'm so confused!! TIA for any help!! :)
iOS 10.0 is not the current version which means you're still on an old beta, if the final update isn't pushed to you you may need to take some other course of action to get off the beta.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Looks like something is tricky here.

I had experience of continuously receiving beta despite profile being removed long ago. This lasted my entire iOS 9 experience.

If you still receive more beta after iOS 10 goes "official" then you probably need to set up your device as new to avoid future beta updates. I always restore from backup so I believe there must be something related to backup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.