Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RichardLynch

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
Hello all.
So i'm on the ios Public Beta for iOS 14 but I have decided to remove myself from this. I have removed the profile from settings as per the instructions from Apple.
However, my understanding was that once I removed myself from the Public Beta that my phone would next update when the next publicly released version of iOS was released. However when iOS 13.6.1 came out I did not get the option to download this, and am still on iOS 14. Any ideas?
I'm due to sell my phone soon and would rather not sell it with an unreleased version of the OS.

RichardLynch

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
You are stuck with iOS 14 beta until it is publicly released as a final product. Otherwise you can do a full restore through iTunes back to iOS 13 if you download the relevant IPSW package. Google how to do that.
Unfortunatly not possible for me. Don't have a computer so an iTunes backup was not made.
Okay thats what I was worried would be the case. I'll probably hold off selling until end of September in that case.

verito81

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2018
i used 3utools an application i installed in the pc yes i used the pc for that

BATman.Berlin

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2015
California
Unfortunatly not possible for me. Don't have a computer so an iTunes backup was not made.
Okay thats what I was worried would be the case. I'll probably hold off selling until end of September in that case.

If you want to revert back for the task of selling, you won’t need to restore from an backup.
Download the 13.6.1 ispw file, put your device in DFU mode and restore it to 13.6 manually via iTunes. Turn “find my” off before that and once done, you’ll have a factory reset device running the latest official release.

RichardLynch

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
So just so I understand, when iOS 14 is officially released, will my phone receive this as a standard updated even though im running the beta software still (though have removed the beta profile)?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.