Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flavorphil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
Pasadena CA
I love the ability to wear the Apple Watch on my right wrist. I also switched the bands around to make it a completely left-handed watch.

Bballrob

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2017
Alaska
63486f0cbf7f0f02ae416f841452aaa5.jpg

Like this??

mpainesyd

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2008
Sydney, Australia
With AW3 You can also turn it 180 degrees so the buttons are on the left and are more accessible to your left hand.
[doublepost=1529791744][/doublepost] upload_2018-6-24_8-8-25.jpeg
Like this (taken with the Camera app on the AW)

Last edited:
Reactions: scmill

Suunto

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2017
With AW3 You can also turn it 180 degrees so the buttons are on the left and are more accessible to your left hand.
[doublepost=1529791744][/doublepost] View attachment 767497

Then you get lots of accidental wheel presses if you do it that way. Easier to get to...easier to press the wheel. Pick your poison.

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
[doublepost=1529791744][/doublepost] View attachment 767497

You can do that with all series of Watches. I did my series 0 for a while... now I wear it on my right wrist with the buttons on the right... it just feels more natural.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
63486f0cbf7f0f02ae416f841452aaa5.jpg

Like this??

Band looks way too tight!
[doublepost=1529837879][/doublepost]
Then you get lots of accidental wheel presses if you do it that way. Easier to get to...easier to press the wheel. Pick your poison.

No so. I wear mine the same and have never had any accidental presses. Mine did not when I wore it on my left wrist, why should it on my right?

Lennyvalentin

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2011
This actually worked from day one... Apple showed it off at the watch reveal back in autumn 2014 IIRC.

Then you get lots of accidental wheel presses if you do it that way.
Can't say I've ever accidentally clicked my crown with the back of my hand in being a wearer for the past 3 years (almost.) My hand just doesn't flex far enough to even push against the crown, much less be able to click it.

Suunto

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2017
This actually worked from day one... Apple showed it off at the watch reveal back in autumn 2014 IIRC.

Can't say I've ever accidentally clicked my crown with the back of my hand in being a wearer for the past 3 years (almost.) My hand just doesn't flex far enough to even push against the crown, much less be able to click it.

Try doing push-ups with it that way. Unless you wear your watch on your forearm, you’ll trigger it.
[doublepost=1529885133][/doublepost]

If you workout at all, you’ll trigger the crown. I’m sure there’s lots of other ways to trigger it, but I switched it back once I triggered it during a workout.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Try doing push-ups with it that way. Unless you wear your watch on your forearm, you’ll trigger it.

I’m doing a push up every other days & have never accidentally trigger any crown clicking. (own the watch from the original version to Series 3). I can’t even intentionally trigger it. :)

This is a no issue for someone whose wrist is thin & lean.

Suunto

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2017
I’m doing a push up every other days & have never accidentally trigger any crown clicking. (own the watch from the original version to Series 3). I can’t even intentionally trigger any crown clicking with my wrist. :)

This is a no issue for someone whose wrist is thin & lean.

Don’t know what to tell you. Maybe you’ve been doing push-ups wrong since owning the original? Not sure. Plenty of YouTube videos to watch to see how to do a proper push-up if that’s the case.

But congrats on not triggering the crown. I do trigger it so I wear it the other way.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Lol he basically said I had fat wrists. Oh well. He’ll get over it.

Oh.. I didn’t mean it to comes out like that. Just stating the fact about the physicality of my wrist, which defeats your insistence that this is universal problem.

mpainesyd

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2008
Sydney, Australia
This thread seems to have taken a strange turn ( sorry :) . The important thing is that lefties have a choice and can wear the watch in the manner that suits them best. Not so with my “old” analogue watch.

nieks

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2016
The Netherlands
I agree with @Newtons Apple. You are wearing your band way too tight.

Not to mention the hole in the pants ;) :p

I love the ability to wear the Apple Watch on my right wrist. I also switched the bands around to make it a completely left-handed watch.
What I don't get is why this topic exists, because this is how the Apple Watch is intended. You can wear it if you're left handed or right handed. It was designed to be worn the way you like it, left or right, with the buttons left or right, with the bands the way you like it. It's nothing new since 2014, right? (pun intended ;) )

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
I wear my 42mm Series 0 on my left wrist with buttons to the right as I think it just looks wrong any other way - specially when I see pics of people with buttons on the left as the watch then looks upside down.... :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.