Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which should I buy??

• D-Lux 2

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Digilux 2

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

Jesus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
I couldn't find a thread about these cameras in any great detail on these boards, bit if this has already been covered, I'm sorry.

All my life I have wanted a Leica and I find digital photography much easier than film, and Leica has two digital cameras for me to chose from:

D-Lux 2: 8MP, suffers from alot of noise above ISO 200 in the blue spectrum, but ther than that, a great camera.

D-Lux 2

Digilux 2: Looks nicer, in my opinion. 5MP only, and has a smaller zoom than the D-Lux 2, and more expensive, but looks like a proper Leica.

Digilux 2

Please vote to help me end my dilemma

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
the only REAL leica digital is the R9 slr+digital modul r. 10mp, 1.33x crop, can use the full line of r lenses. the downside: it costs more than a 1dsmkII.
those are just rebadged panasonics--you really should save some money and buy the panasonic versions--they're cheaper and, except for the red dot, identical.

all of this is just my opinion, of course, and i'm certainly no leica expert, but of those two i'd choose the d-lux 2.

panasonic version of digilux 2
panasonic version of d-lux 2

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
I have the Panasonic LX-1 (D-Lux 2 clone).

Based on my recent trip to Reykjavik and London, the out of camera experience shooting RAW+JPEG with that camera and and Nikon D50 printing on an Epson Picturemate - the Nikon won hands sown (using the basic settings on the Picturemate

I did find myself doing much more with the Panasonic than I did with my Nikon, on this trip.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.