Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
SpankyPenzaanz said:
Anybody used this yet I am getting ready to dump my canon setup and transition to this.

http://www.leica-camera.us/photography/d_system/

I like the variable format 3:4, 2:3, 9:16. Of course you can always crop but the Leica let's you have a 3:3 image without loosing pixels.. It is closer to what I think is ideal -- a square format.

Leica makes some interesting cameras. Certainly not "me too" copies. This is one of them and the M8 is the other. If I only had $6K, an M8 would be nice to have

maxi

macrumors regular
May 23, 2006
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I'm not a fan of the 4/3 system... That and the fact that I cannot find the shutter lag posted anywhere in their site make me doubt a bit. Very nice to move up from a P&S, but I wouldn't go from a real DSLR into this.

Now, If I could get my hands on a M-3..... :)

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
I've seen that camera. It seems very, very nice, and if I had unlimited funds I might get it just for the h*** of it... :cool:

...but I think I rather get the Olympus E-400, even if that is also out of my price range... however I might ignore that for a E-400 if that is as gorgeous in real life as the pictures of it indicates... ;)

You see, I am a fan of the Four Thirds system, and a long time Olympus user... :)

beavo451

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2006
It is based off of the Panasonic Lumix L1. Lecia says they improved it, but I don't know what they have improved. If you want to get the feel of it, pick up a L1. Personally, I hated the way it handled.

SRSound

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2005
I wanted to revive this thread to see if there were any updates ... im now considering this camera too. Any thoughts on the Digilux 3 vs. D200 with 18-200mm for artistic and documentary use only?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.