Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joelbindi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
hi there..

i was wondering if anyone could help me and tell me what type of lense mount this is. It doesnt mount on any of the current EOS or Nikon digi SLRs the lens is apparently about 5years old. Im hoping to use it on my 400d. Thanks

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg

ibilly

macrumors regular
May 2, 2003
Boulder
The red dot and the aperture actuation post thingy (stick out on the left) lead me to believe that it's a Canon FD mount.

snap58

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2006
somewhere in kansas
hi there..

i was wondering if anyone could help me and tell me what type of lense mount this is. It doesnt mount on any of the current EOS or Nikon digi SLRs the lens is apparently about 5years old. Im hoping to use it on my 400d. Thanks
Silly question,

What Lens is it, that might be a clue? If it is 5 years old it would not likely be an FD mount,

joelbindi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
Yeh thanks for the help ibilly im pretty sure it is a FD mount i managed to track down an adapter on ebay for around $40.

btw snap58 its not really a silly question its a sigma lense which can have a few different monuting systems even on the same model.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.