Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Hey do you guys now of a good site that rents lenses and has lenses that fit the sony alpha 700?

You will most likely need to rent a Nikon or Canon body to go along with the lens. Not many places rent Sony mount lenses. But it's not a big deal typically the "big glass" that people want to rent has a much higher price than a body so the need to pick up a Nikon or Canon body adds maybe only $50 to the price of a weekend rental.

If you live in So. cal. Samy's is good. A wekend counts as only one "day" and you can pick up Fri after noon and keep it until Monday noon. The last thing I got from them was some medium format gear. They have everything, studio lighting, you name it.

Find a local place if you can. Shipping is expensive and not worth it if you just need it for one day.

PkennethV

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2006
Toronto
Hey everyone, I'm bringing back this thread...
Does anyone know any stores that are in Toronto for renting lenses? The reason why I'd rather not mail is because I literally only need the gear for 1 day.

thank you very, very much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.