Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

m.jakey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2007
Berkshire County
Hi-

I'm planning to get a new iMac soon and my current Kodak c763 sends images and vid via USB 2.0 full speed NOT usb 2.0 high speed connecetion.

Anyone know if this will work on the new iMac; I figure the ports will fit but the transfer rate will be slower-right?

Or is it driver/software dependant? In which case does anyone know if it will be supported in Leopard.

Obviously, I will get a new camera if not becuase the new iMac is way more important to me-lol. And I am still in my 30 day full refund window for the camera which isn't the greatest camera but it's a 'good enough' p/s for my needs.

Thanks

Lovesong

macrumors 65816
Your camera will work fine on an iMac. While it may be slower, it will be fine. One thing that I would recommend, however, that even some of us here who have really fancy dSLRs and the like still use, is an external card reader. They cost about $20, and they are so much faster than hooking up the camera directly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.