Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mdjasrie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 26, 2009
Singapore
As always every year, when a new iPhone launches, long lines of eager fans camp outside the famous Apple Store at Orchard Road Singapore. More pics are in the link

photo_2019-09-19_13-04-52.jpg

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
REALLY ? People line up like the iPhone 6 release years ago ??

I don't have that much time on my hands anyway so I always pre-order.
My 11 will be in my hands tomorrow which is fast enough for me!

MrAperture

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2017
SF, CA
Singapore’s first Apple store opened only 2 years ago so they can still get excited. Folks in other places around the world have already experienced the lines for years now and are over it, lol.

Reactions: mavis and SHKLMRE

dstew201

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2016
That is sooooo not necessary!! Unless they just love mingling with other sheep!

SHKLMRE

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2013
Pennsylvania
Some may think it’s ridiculous, but there truly is joy in camping out. I camped out for every model from the 4 up until the 6S, I was even first in line a few times. It’s sinply a great experience. Nowadays i preorder for in-store pick up, but I do miss the fun and excitement of camping. It might not be “necessary” but let them have their joy.

Reactions: Bazooka-joe

dstew201

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2016
Joy for those with nothing better to do

I cant think of anything better to do than to stand around for 8+ hours in the heat\humidity smelling other's BO only to be told they are sold out!!

LOL!!

You like it, I love it!

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
You guys are so naive. :p A large contingent of this is almost definitely resellers from nearby southeast asian countries where the iPhone isn't launching until later in the year. These people are able to enjoy a pretty fat markup by selling the phones in their home country.

Reactions: mavis and caligurl

dstew201

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2016
You guys are so naive. :p A large contingent of this is almost definitely resellers from nearby southeast asian countries where the iPhone isn't launching until later in the year. These people are able to enjoy a pretty fat markup by selling the phones in their home country.

Amazing,that so many people can afford an already marked up phone, that's going to be marked up more, instead of waiting a couple of months.. Who am I to question the sanity of a consumer, lord knows I've had my moments, but seriously it's 2019 the mystique of iPhones should have cooled down some by now... :rolleyes: talk about naïve.. LOL!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.