Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
So, I look through flickr at pictures and notice all these comments on everyone's photos. I think I don't have enough flickr friends to get a lot of comments. Plus, I only have a couple friends on flickr who really post pictures with any frequency and I would like to be able to look at my 'contacts pictures' more often.
So here is my profile, you should add me!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ejb0015/

redrabbit

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2006
Join groups that are relevent to your photos. Submit photos (but not to too many groups, that decreases it's chance of making it to explore ;) ) Find photos you like and add people and comment and critique their photos, and they might do the same for you.

(on that note: http://www.flickr.com/photos/antonberkovich/ )

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
I've started putting my pictures in group pools as well now.

Thank you to everyone who added me as a contact, I look forward to seeing your pictures to come! You all have great portfolio's so far!:)

HomeingPigeon

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2007
My flicker is in my signature. I havent posted pics in a while because my camera broke but my new one should come either today or tommorow. I hope to be posting alot more when I get my camera. I just got home from school and had nothing to do so I sent everybody that had posted their flickr's a friend request.

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
Just letting everyone know there is a Mac Rumours Flickr group.

http://flickr.com/groups/macrumors/

Extremely inactive though, as I guess most people would post here.

Reading the purpose of the group - that one's about Mac and Mac Rumor related photos. Rather narrow.

While I'd be willing to start the group over there (although I'd certainly defer to anyone else who's burning to do it), the big question is - do you folks think there'd be enough interest to maintain it? I'm not sure if it'd offer anything that (as per M@lew's post) isn't already doable in the "Photo of the day" thread here in this forum.

Thoughts?

Jan 30, 2006
Thoughts?

I have always have the idea of a thread that was among the lines of "Photo of the Week", and that people voted for that photo. But here in MacRumors it would be extremely difficult and time consuming.

Basically each week you can upload what you consider your best photo and then people can vote for te best one among all the uploaded photos. It could work as a promoter to make an extra effort while taking photos.:)

But not sure if that can work at Flickr. Or if it is even a good idea?:confused::eek:

marclapierre13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2005
Im not sure if i would be totally active.
I like adding photos on to my flickr, and also checking out my other contacts and new photos. But for critiquing and asking questions, i mostly use the macrumors forum.

But i would for sure submit some of my photos to the group, might throw in some comments and what not occasionally.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.