Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsjorgemar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2021
Ok fellow Mac users: Can someone tell me what's the best Thunderbolt/USB 4 adapter for my new Macbook Pro 13". I also have an older Macbook Pro 13" that still has all the ports and I'm missing an adapter. So far, I have purchased TWO different adapters and both of them SUCK! big time. One of them attached to the side of my Macbook Pro. Problem: not only occupied both ports, but the SD card reader did not work, so I returned. Then, I purchase another adapter, which again uses two ports but worst than that: The design leaves a lot to be desired. The cable is very stiff, extends to the side of my Macbook which goes totally against the idea of being a laptop and using it on a tabletop. You
can see the device here:
1621891789349.png

Any one with a better alternative? What are you using? What would you recommend? And why?

Thx,

JM

calliex

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2018
Pittsburgh, Pa
This is the issue I have with them. I have been searching for a good one for awhile and have found most have serious issues. I decide to stick with the Apple USB adapter and Apple VGA adapter. Looking forward for the proposed new MX macbook pros to have at least HDMI and maybe std USB built in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.