Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tee.Nutter

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
UK
Hi,

I have attached an image of my dual LG 5K displays and you will see the the one of the left is considerably more 'yellow' than the one on the right.

Has anyone come across this issue? if so, is there any fix for it?

Thanks,

Tee

p.s. they are both set to the same native white point

IMG_5735 copy.JPG

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
Seems pretty minor, and it's the nature of the beast. If it bothers you, get a calibrator, e.g. the Spyder5Pro, which will produce a calibration profile for each monitor that should make them appear more similar. (Note this won't fix any colour consistency issues (e.g. if you have a yellow spot on one half of the screen), but in the pictures you've posted they appear nicely consistent.)

sziehr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2009
So I have the same issue. I sent mine out for some service and it came back with a nasty yellow tint. I have tried over and over to get them to make it right with no luck. I have tried to calibrate them and I can not seem to get the profile just right to match. So I was wondering what did you do with your 5k displays

ajvcali

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2018
I received one of my serviced displays yesterday (the panel had to be replaced) and I now have the same yellow color issue with. LG acknowledged it was an issue and they want me to send it back. Has anyone had any luck sending it back for repair? Any other workarounds that have been successful (such as using a calibrator)?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.