Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I was just about to post this and it makes me wonder if this means LR3 is around the corner. Lord knows Aperture 3 is overdue (which is what I use).

Abraxsis

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2003
Kentucky
I might also add that my University's computer store droped the EDU discounted Lightroom2 to 69.00.

I feel that LR3 is imminent (< I love when I get to say that word, lol)

run-kmc

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2009
The Lightroom 3 beta is set to expire April 30, presumably that is when the full version will be released for sale.

firestarter

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2002
Green and pleasant land
To be honest, there's not much in the new Lightroom that I need or want. I find the app pretty stable and fast at the moment, and it does most of the adjustments I need.

I guess I'm looking forward to the new grain feature - I can see it being useful for some black and white work.

I also think the watermark management is long overdue - just adding a text based copyright with no control over font size was a bit lame.

So at the moment I'm happy running 2.5.

JonTok

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2009
I use LR 3, don't you?

Clearly she uses LR 3 beta, which is what I also use. The Beta runs out, as mentioned above, on April 30 and presumably it won't be long (1-2 months) after that that LR 3 full version is released.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.