Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IscariotJ

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 13, 2004
UK
I've been playing with LR, and noticed that it is bundled with ACR 3.6. Is it possible to update this to 3.7? Is it just a case of downloading the 3.7 update?

Any pointers would be most welcome!

kodiak

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2005
im surprised it came with adobe camera raw 3.6 as all mentions in the lightroom FAQ are to using 3.7 - also i believe (from memory) somewhere in the install notes, it recommends use of 3.7 with CS2 and PSE4/5 for better integration between LR and these products.
- so 3.6 would appear to be a mistake.

-is this in the boxed set? im using the 1.0 download.

anyways, yes i upgrade to 3.7 without any trouble.

IscariotJ

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 13, 2004
UK
I'm using the download trial version while I wait for my box copy to arrive, if that makes a difference?

I've downloaded the 3.7 ( couldn't download the update, as it said there was problem with the site, or is that the one I need? ). Do I have to create a plugin directory under ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom, and drop in the RAW.plugin?

kodiak

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2005
afaik, ACR plugin is not 'used' by lightroom itself.

the reason for upgrading (elements/photoshop) to acr 3.7 is it has been updated to recognised lightroom info. so when you later open the same raw file in cs2/elements, it can use that info.

in the help file (under export) , it states
"Note: Versions earlier than Adobe Camera Raw 3.7 will not recognize some of the develop adjustments made in Lightroom."

as an aside, i can see that under calibration in develop, you can see the ACR 'profile' used, but i guess lightroom shares the profile data... for me with a 20D this shows 2.4, as i guess this was the last time it was updated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.