Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stevento

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 10, 2006
Los Angeles
Are you allowed to save edited photos in the beta version of Lightshop that is free right now?
Becuase I cant figure out how to save photos.

slinky0390

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2005
is lightroom a good program for photo editing?

Lightroom is the program that is supposed to compete with Apples Aperture. Personally, I like the raw workflow in Lightroom, I cant use Aperture becuase I have yet to upgrade to a gig of ram in my powerbook (yes I know, 512mb, god help me) However, I used Aperture at a friends house and it seemed rather confusing, im sure though with a coupple of hours tinkering around you could get the hang of it. Right now Lightroom is a free public beta, the current beta version expires in february. It all depends though, if you need all the controls that come with lightroom or aperture, then by all means get it.

Joony

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2005
I shoot mostly in JPEG only, and after giving Aperture and Lightroom a try, I found Lightroom to be the best for those not shooting RAW too much.

I use strictly for the photo organization functions. All my editing is done in Photoshop.

Works nicely and I enjoy the interface.

Back in the old days I just put everything in folders and used preview to view everything, that was annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.