Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nimionsergei

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2009
using:
macbook pro early 2008
lightroom 1.3.1

firstly, what exactly is .CR2 format? i mean i understand that it is Canon Raw but i used to have just .RAW on my panasonic. is .CR2=.RAW? why it is showing up as .CR2 then ? any difference?
(btw, why does my Aperture not accept .CR2 (says unsupported file format when i try to import) ?)

the main question though is when i try to export an edited raw into jpg in lightroom, my mbp makes this 'eject' noise you know when you press the eject button to spit the compact disc out. can this be disabled somehow? it kinda annoys me plus it is just not good/right.

thank you

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
CR2 is the file extension that Canon uses for it's RAW images.

What camera do you have? If it's new it may not be supported by Aperture yet.

Can't say I've ever noticed the sound when exporting in Lightroom.

davegregory

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2009
Burlington, Ontario
May I ask what version of Aperture you're using? I know for sure Aperture 2 accepts .CR2 files from a 40D, as I have both. If you're using Aperture 1.5.6 or another variant, I remember there were problems with it saying "Unsupported File Format". I don't recall the solution though. It read fine when Aperture 2 came out.

As for the Lightroom issue, I've never heard of that. I know there is an Export option called "Burn Full Size Jpeg" or something like that. So if you're using any options from that export selection perhaps it's looking for a CD in the drive? I'm not sure. Just a wild guess.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
The export from Lightroom makes the "eject" sound because you have it set in the Lightroom preferences. I use that sound to let me know when I'm done exporting. If you want to get rid of it, turn it off in the Lightroom preferences.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
The export from Lightroom makes the "eject" sound because you have it set in the Lightroom preferences. I use that sound to let me know when I'm done exporting because when I export, I do alot at a time and continue to edit photos while it's exporting. So it lets me know when it's done so I can upload to Flickr (because I'll get caught up in editing that I'll forget I was exporting). If you want to get rid of it, turn it off in the Lightroom preferences.

nimionsergei

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2009
aperture 2.13

when finished exporting photos play: no sound

and it's not just a sound i mean. it doesn't come from the speakers or anything. the laptop actually tries to eject the disc. but there is no disc. you know the sound at the startup just before the apple sound? that one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.