Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mfacey

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 1, 2004
Netherlands
I've started to play around with Lightroom. I gave up on Aperture as it my mac really can't handle it. Its just too processor/graphics intensive!

Anyway, I can't figure out a way to get pictures to show in full screen like in iPhoto. Not only is that a really great way to browse through the library (instead of building a slideshow), but its also really nice for editing. Does anybody know if Lightroom has this option and, if so, how to activate it?

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
While this isn't as "full" as Aperture's full screen option, I just press the TAB button once (or twice) to get rid of the side panels, and press the "f" key twice to fill the entire window.

Since I always have the top panel and the bottom filmstrip panel hidden away, pressing TAB clears every panel from the screen. You get a lot of screen space that way. Pressing "f" twice is great as well. No window edges. :)

mfacey

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 1, 2004
Netherlands
hmmm... I guess that's a pretty reasonable alternative. Its actually quite useful to be able to call up the menus left and right with one touch of a button. Maybe LR 2.0 will bring true full screen editing!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.