Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jwt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 28, 2007
So I've learned a little bit about RAW, and now I'm back with more questions. Attached are jpegs of the same RAW file processed in Lightroom (left) and Canon's suite that came with the camera. Canon obviously knows better how to interpret the RAW data, and the resulting image is more accurate to what I remember. My question is, how do I keep working in Lightroom knowing that whatever images I'm seeing are inaccurate? Also, is there a way to calibrate Adobe Camera RAW so things show up more accurately?

Attachments

• adobeRAW.jpg
    adobeRAW.jpg
    379.8 KB · Views: 91
  • canonRAW.JPG
    canonRAW.JPG
    471.3 KB · Views: 77

Cloud9

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2005
between flesh and thought
Lightroom will apply some auto adjustments to images based on your camera when you import. You can turn this off in the preferences.

For example, when I import a file from my 20d, lightroom applies an automatic brightness of +50 and contast of +25. I personally like the auto adjustment for 90% of what I do, but I could turn it off in preferences if I chose to.

jwt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 28, 2007
Maybe I'm stupid, but I don't know where those settings are. The following images show the current settings.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    337.6 KB · Views: 82
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 77
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.