Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tkilian

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2004
In Lightroom, i have a file that is showing up in the library under "Error Images" and "Missing files". It seems that I have somehow deleted the file from the file system outside of Lightroom.

Obviously Lightroom still has this file cached somewhere, as I can see the preview of the photo, zoom, in, etc. But i can't edit it or export the file.

This version is good enough for what I need it for. is there any way to recover this cached version?

D.G.

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2006
Their might be an easier way to do this, but:

Select the image(s), and go to the Web module.

On the left hand panel, select Lightroom HTML gallery, and then go down to Apperance and set the Image pages to be as big as they will go. Next go to Output Settings and put the Quality up to 100.

Now when you push "Preview in browser" it will give you an error, and say that it created the images using the best pixel data in the cache.

Your browser pops up with the gallery and you can view the large version of the image, and then right click and "Save image to" or just drag it to your desktop, etc.

Hope that helps.

DG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.