Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slicedbread

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
I am quite bad at the whole digital editing thing, and was hoping you guys could give me a quick run down.

I have a Nikon D50 and shoot raw only; software I have Lightroom and noise ninja.

After importing the raw NEFs onto my computer, whats the best way to go about editing/cataloguing the files?

Normally I open the files in LR and import them into the library. Then I'd flag the keepers for editing and then move onto developing. I'd perform my raw adjustments on a file, then copy the settings to similar lighting shots. Finally export as jpg and take to developed or uploaded.

Just wondering there I fit in noise reduction? The built in one is nothing compared to noise ninja, but I dunno where it fits in. Also when should I be doing things like sharpening etc?

Thanks.

Karpfish

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2006
Mines as follows:Import directly through LR from card into appropriate folder. Flag keepers,then do editing. If NN is necessary, then I open files in cs3 individually, using the appropriate NN profile(D200 for ISO), then some USM depending on the image. Rinse and Repeat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.