Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paulcons

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 3, 2017
New York City
So I got me a new smart ring (Ring Conn) that I really like. Lately I thought to link the data it collects to my Apple Health app, should be simple, no? All the instructions from them point to linking their app (that collects the data from the ring) to the Health app. So when in MyProfile/Privacy/Apps & Services I do not see their app listed there (the instructions say it's there). It seems most others with the ring can easily do it... so why can't I? Not even sure how to properly troubleshoot this issue... but it sure seems to look like it's an iOS issue.

paulcons

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 3, 2017
New York City
My experience is that it has to be done in the Health app... it won't show that I have an app that can share data with the Health app. It gets weirder because while I can't link the 2 apps, the Health app seems to show some "steps" and those don't correlate with my steps as measured by the ring (yesterday reing showed over 2200 while the Health app showed 1000... and many people in my RingConn group say counts are very close between the ring and, say using an apple watch.. so where did Health find those steps?

hg.wells

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2013
Most apps you have to connect with Apple health from their app first before it appears in Apple Health.

paulcons

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 3, 2017
New York City
BTW, I figured out the steps in Health... it was picking it up from just walking with my cell (now-a-days I always take my cell with me when I leave my place).

MANY folks in my ring group have successfully linked our Ring Conn app to Health. I have followed the exact procedure they have all followed. Still, Ring Conn does not appear in Health's list of compatible apps to link. Oh, I guess the fruit wants me to go spend 450 bucks on a watch...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.