Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barstep

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 1, 2015
York, UK
I have installed iOS10 on my iPad 4 - it all works well except for an odd behaviour with links.
If, for example, I receive an email containing a link, tapping the link opens Safari but only to the home page. It doesn't load the website address. If I go back to the email and tap the link again Safari opens and opens the web address.
I cleared the Safari History and Website Data. For a short while links opened as expected, but now, a few days later, the former behaviour has re-appeared.

I have not observed this behaviour on my iPhone 6.

Has anyone else observed this? Any clues about how to solve it?

blackxacto

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
It was a Tweetbot issue for me, not iOS10. Tweetbot was set to open the Safari Browser. I should have set it to the Tweetbot Browser. Links in TweetBot open immediately on the correct web page using the TweetBot browser. I hope this solves the issue from Apple Mail as well if it happens.

gwchvt

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2014
I have installed iOS10 on my iPad 4 - it all works well except for an odd behaviour with links.
If, for example, I receive an email containing a link, tapping the link opens Safari but only to the home page. It doesn't load the website address. If I go back to the email and tap the link again Safari opens and opens the web address.
I cleared the Safari History and Website Data. For a short while links opened as expected, but now, a few days later, the former behaviour has re-appeared.

I have not observed this behaviour on my iPhone 6.

Has anyone else observed this? Any clues about how to solve it?
[doublepost=1476717953][/doublepost]I have come across the same problem, do not know if there is a solution, I'll try Apple next.

blackxacto

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
[doublepost=1476717953][/doublepost]I have come across the same problem, do not know if there is a solution, I'll try Apple next.
I solved this issue when using TweetBot by using the Twitbot browser, not safari in TweetBot.

However, Apple Mail continues to open hyperlinks in emails to my Safari Home page. Still working on a solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.