Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chesturrific

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2017
9BB24282-D728-4F3F-900E-617CECFD4BBE.jpeg
Hii. I wish you could help me. O accidentally spilled my wine over my one-month old macbook air. The lcd appears to be not working anymore but when you type in ghe keyboard it still works (I know because of the sounds and stuff)

I have it checked alreay and they told me about the shorted terminals: flex of display panel and display socket flex ng logic board (as seen on the attached file )

So I really hope you could help me on this.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
If the vid cable, and its logic board connector are both damaged (and the connector does not look good), then both will need to be replaced.
I don't know if the cable can be replaced without replacing the LCD assembly, too.
Between the LCD, and the logic board - you will probably get close to the cost of another MBAir.

Or, maybe you will get lucky, and a good cleaning of the connectors might fix. I don't have any confidence in that, and it WILL depend on luck.

You said that you had this checked out already. What did they tell you about the cost for repair?
The only help that I can provide, is to suggest that you consider spending the money to get it repaired properly, or sell this one for parts.
(Liquid spills usually do not end well. Now you know ... :oops: )

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
What are the specifications for the MBA? Have you looked into Apple performing an out-of-warranty-repair?

When the machine boots, shine a bright light on the screen to see if you can see anything. If you can, that may indicate that the LCD is still good because a dead LCD is a lot of money.

A competent board-level repair guy may be able to fix the problem without replacing the video cable and the logic board's video connector. I just had it done on a heavily liquid-damaged early 2015 MBA.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.