Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mskh123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2016
Hello, I recently had someone with an iphone 7 AirDrop some pictures to me on my iphone 5s - many of these pictures were Live Photos. I imported all of my photos, including these, into my Photos app (Version 1.0.1 (215.65.0)) on my MacBook Pro (Yosemite, 10.10.5). They all imported as small videos, which I am assuming is due to my older phone not knowing what a Live Photo is (although it does play as a Live Photo on the photos app on my phone). However, I'm still having a couple of issues:
1. None of the videos have thumbnails. Depending on which view I am in, it may show a blank thumbnail or it may be solid black.
2. Some of the videos which show solid black will not play back
3. Is there a way to convert these videos to still photographs? Or pull a frame to be a still photograph? There are about 60 of these photos, so efficiency is key

If there is a better way for me to import, I do still have all of the originals on my iphone and can delete/reimport if necessary.

Thank you very much!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.