Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thewhitehart

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 9, 2005
The town without George Bailey
I’ve had this problem since beta 4. Location data no longer appears above photos taken with iPhone 7 after beta 4 release on either the iPhone 7 or iPad 6th gen. The map is shown below the photos though.

I tried resetting location data, removing and adding location permission, deleting and re-adding the photos from iCloud.com, turning off iCloud Photos and waiting for the devices to re-sync—I did everything I can think of besides deleting all 7,000 photos from the devices and re-downloading them from iCloud.com, which I’d like to avoid.

My Mac and iCloud.com are unaffected. Has anyone got any ideas? Apple feedback told me I didn’t provide enough info on my ticket. I don’t know what else to tell them.

thewhitehart

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 9, 2005
The town without George Bailey
It looks like it has something to do with region and language... I’m in Japan, but I put my region as US to use the News app. So I toggled between Japan and the US. Now all the location data is gone from the top of the photos. Hooray. ?

Reactions: adrianlondon
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.