Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

That-Guy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
UK
Think this can be done in IFTTT but thought it would be good to setup in the shortcuts app and don't think IFTTT allows 8 Applets without paying.

My job involves me traveling to around 8 sites in the local area. What I am looking to do is create an automation that adds a calendar event when I arrive using the location as the title and when I leave it adjusts the calendar entry with the correct time of me leaving.

Is this possible and without any interaction from me? Just want to track where I have been each day and thought this would be the best way?

Help, ideas and suggestions welcome ?

Frank M

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2019
New Jersey
Think this can be done in IFTTT but thought it would be good to setup in the shortcuts app and don't think IFTTT allows 8 Applets without paying.

My job involves me traveling to around 8 sites in the local area. What I am looking to do is create an automation that adds a calendar event when I arrive using the location as the title and when I leave it adjusts the calendar entry with the correct time of me leaving.

Is this possible and without any interaction from me? Just want to track where I have been each day and thought this would be the best way?

Help, ideas and suggestions welcome ?
I saw your recent post and decided to create a shortcut based on your requirements.
Although still a work in progress I was able to meet you needs for new “Arrival” entries but not yet for “Departing” entries.
Read the comments within the shortcut carefully, make changes appropriate for you needs, test the shortcut and let me know what you think.
The shortcut is set to run for 1 day, so as required, press the symbol in the upper right-hand corner of the shortcut icon to terminate.

The link to my shortcut.

Frank M

Frank M

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2019
New Jersey
I saw your recent post and decided to create a shortcut based on your requirements.
Although still a work in progress I was able to meet you needs for new “Arrival” entries but not yet for “Departing” entries.
Read the comments within the shortcut carefully, make changes appropriate for you needs, test the shortcut and let me know what you think.
The shortcut is set to run for 1 day, so as required, press the symbol in the upper right-hand corner of the shortcut icon to terminate.

The link to my shortcut.

Frank M
2-28-21

I was able to expand my first shortcut (Tracking 1) to include both Arrival and Departure logic (see link to Tracking 2 below).
Again review the comments/code within this shortcut to meet your needs.
Also to terminate the shortcut press the symbol in the upper right-hand corner of the shortcut icon.
Let me know what you think.

Updated link:

Frank M

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.