Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mireille005

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2017
Hi all. I am new here (and English isn't my native language) but I really need your help. I've been ill for a while and just yesterday I finally was able to jailbreak my iPhone 7 (on iOS 10.0.1). This morning I entered the code to be able to use touch ID. Then later when I tried to unlock, it just didn't. I was quite sure of the code, but after that tried others in my desperation. Now it is locked on the screen 'iPhone is locked. connect to iTunes', but it says there I should unlock using the code (duh...). I am completely dumbfounded and don't know what to do. Being sick really doesn't help.

Does this mean I lost my jailbreak and have to restore to iOS 11?
I do have the 10.0.1 ipsw on my computer.

What I've tried so far:
  • Several tries to input the code.
  • Then I googled what happened and made an iTunes backup, after that I tried to restore to a previous iTunes backup as specified. It never unlocked, so I am not sure if this restore worked. I get the option to 'restore and update' ("herstel en bijwerken") in iTunes.
  • When I power on the i7 I see the letters "iPhone is blocked, connect to iTunes" as the first screen after the Apple logo (screenshot). When I connect the iPhone and open iTunes, it gives me these options which translate in English to 'more info', 'try again', 'cancel'. On iPhone7 same screen, no code input.
  • However, when I enter DFU (by holding power, then volume down as well, then releasing power) I get a different message in iTunes, screenshot here, with the iPhone in DFU mode.
    I do not know if this will not reset my firmware to 11. Or is this a real option?

Is there a way to go back to the code-input screen, so I can try a different combination? Or is the last mentioned iTunes message a possibility?

In other words, is all lost to me? Please, please help. :'(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.