Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bello2185

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2010
The Netherlands
Yesterday I received my new 2018 MacBook Pro 15" and after updating to the latest High Sierra update I enrolled my Mac in the beta program and installed the latest Mojave public beta. Everything is working correctly but there is one thing bothering me. On my old 2013 MacBook Pro 13" the macOS log-in page, where you enter your password to unlock the computer on boot-up, would always show my current wallpaper as the (blurred) background image for the log-in page. But on my new Mac with Mojave the log-in page always show the default Mojave sandy dune wallpaper.

I tried changing the wallpaper to different pictures a bunch of times but that didn't do anything. I read online that if this happens on High Sierra you need to go to /Library/Caches and delete the com.apple.desktop.admin.png file, problem is, I don't even have such a file in that folder.

Do any of you might have a suggestion?

Last edited:
Reactions: TimothyR734

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
Yesterday I received my new 2018 MacBook Pro 15" and after updating to the latest High Sierra update I enrolled my Mac in the beta program and installed the latest Mojave public beta. Everything is working correctly but there is one thing bothering me. On my old 2013 MacBook Pro 13" the macOS log-in page, where you enter your password to unlock the computer on boot-up, would always show my current wallpaper as the (blurred) background image for the log-in page. But on my new Mac with Mojave the log-in page always show the default Mojave sandy dune wallpaper.

I tried changing the wallpaper to different pictures a bunch of times but that didn't do anything. I read online that if this happens on High Sierra you need to go to /Library/Caches and delete the com.apple.desktop.admin.png file, problem is, I don't even have such a file in that folder.

Do any of you might have a suggestion?
I think Apple removed the gaussian blur from the login screen for Mojave

Reactions: bello2185
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.