Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tikku22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2016
Hi Folks...

I replaced the Logic Board ($160) on my A1316 pre-Thunderbolt 27" LED Cinema Display with a "guaranteed brand new OEM board" (their words, not mine).

I downloaded the EDID Reset Tool. However, when I run the tool, the "Reset EDID" button is grayed out (unclickable) and is asking me to "Connect LED Cinema Display to begin." I've tried unplugging / re-plugging / re-booting the display and CPU but no change. As a result, there is no brightness control, no USB, and no camera. Audio controls are working and the display is on without intermittent black-out issues (for now).

Any suggestions on what to do to get the display working fully?

Thanks,
Paras.

tikku22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2016
Thanks.. I opened it up and, unfortunately(??), the USB was connected securely into the Logic Board. Any other suggestions? I agree, I think it's something with the USB portion of the system. Perhaps the All-In-One Cable that I have previously reported as being problematic? But this time, I just put in a brand new cable a few months ago and am surprised that it would go bad already.

Danielsc2010

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2018
Hi Folks...

I replaced the Logic Board ($160) on my A1316 pre-Thunderbolt 27" LED Cinema Display with a "guaranteed brand new OEM board" (their words, not mine).

I downloaded the EDID Reset Tool. However, when I run the tool, the "Reset EDID" button is grayed out (unclickable) and is asking me to "Connect LED Cinema Display to begin." I've tried unplugging / re-plugging / re-booting the display and CPU but no change. As a result, there is no brightness control, no USB, and no camera. Audio controls are working and the display is on without intermittent black-out issues (for now).

Any suggestions on what to do to get the display working fully?

Thanks,
Paras.
I just replaced the logic board on my A1316 Cinema Display 27, where can I find the EDID Reset Tool?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.