Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

enka95

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2016
France
Hi,
I'm new to this forum because i get back from trash a very damaged Mac Pro 4,1 (2009). But because it's solid stuff, it's stille working. The case is damaged, but verything is working... except the 4 internal SATA ports (SATA in optical bay is working, also power for each 4 internal SATA ports).

In page 29 in this guide, we can see a SATA/SAS Mux chip wich manage the 4 SATA ports, but the SATA in optical bay is using another way. So it seems that the issue come from this chip.

Do you know what can i do / try to repair thoses SATA ports ? If it's not possible, i know i can use a SATA PCIe card, but i would prefer to use the internal ports.

Thank you !

Synchro3

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
If you can't repair the SATA ports you could buy a PCI SATA 6G card, e.g. Caldigit FASTA 6GU3 Pro.

enka95

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2016
France
Hi, yes i kinow that and MaxUpgrades sell a good solution to add 4 HDD with a PCIe SATA card. But i first try to find a solution to have my SATA ports working. If not, i'll got to a PCIe card solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.