Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Woodrow72

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
Utah
I started my photography business about a year and half ago. I have been studying, interning, and going to school to make this business successful. Thankfully the hard work is starting to pay off. I am starting to book more clients and so far they are all happy with their end product.

I have decided to focus on Wedding Photography and am trying to gear my business more towards signing weddings.

My old logo was to masculine so I have decided that I need a new one. So far these are two ideas that I and others like. I am trying to appeal to brides.

These are the 5 words that I have decided I want my style to be

Clean
Uniform
Crisp
Professional
Organized

I will be using both the ".com" and "photography" logo just in different places. I would appreciate comments and votes on which one is best.

Attachments

• NewLogo.pdf
    33 KB · Views: 182

flosseR

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2009
the cold dark north
well, (please take this with a grain of salt, i am not a graphic artist nor an art student. I a work in business , corporate :)) I think the words you chose kind of match the logo. However I would like to add a thought. You want to attract wedding clients, shouldn't that include elegance and , festive in your brand? A logo is all about the brand. This current version is modern, crisp, clean... no elegance and not close to wedding photography, or any event photography...

its good, just not the target segment I think.. again, take this with a bucket of salt..

my 2c,

//F

MattSepeta

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2009
375th St. Y
Logo

I like the top ones more.

However: These do NOT say "Wedding Photographer" to me. Not in the slightest.

I would also lose the bent "photography" lettering. It is confusing.

I just redid my "logo", wanting it to look more wedding/portrait-friendly and ended up with
new-logo.png

Ignore the background of it, I just pulled this piece from my website.

You might want to rethink your name, as well. I don't know if you are aware, but J5 is a super-successful hip hop group.

You will be entirely unable to compete with them in google, making any SEO you try to work on largely useless.

Woodrow72

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
Utah
flosseR - thank you for your opinion.

MattSepeta - I am well aware that J5 was a successful group. If you type in J5 photography in google see what comes up first. Thank you for your opinion. The cursive style writing is not my style but thank you. I feel as though going to scripty with the font will detract from the pictures especially when used as a watermark.

flosseR

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2009
the cold dark north
Hmm,, might I suggest something?
for watermarking, why not just use the J5, without the photography text. Leave J5 but add something else. elegance does not have to be cursive. There could be also straight lines or for example the J5 prominent , the Photography written straight out and decorate above and blow photography somehow?.

I don't know.. just thoughts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.