Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cspence002

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2022
Running the command
Code:
sudo launchctl print gui/501
I have the list of services, unmanaged processes?, endpoints (empty array), externally-hosted endpoints (very long list), task-special ports, and the services I've disabled.
What are externally-hosted endpoints? Is it normal for this to be a full list of services, with an empty endpoint array?
For reference, the output of
Code:
launchctl print system
and
Code:
launchctl print user/501
do not display results in the externally-hosted endpoints array.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
You started a few threads asking if terminal commands look normal. Maybe you can consolidate all of your questions into a single thread, to avoid the appearance of spamming the boards.

Everything you’re seeing is normal. Are you trying to solve a problem or just hoping to learn more about the Mac?

Reactions: DeltaMac

cspence002

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2022
You started a few threads asking if terminal commands look normal. Maybe you can consolidate all of your questions into a single thread, to avoid the appearance of spamming the boards.

Everything you’re seeing is normal. Are you trying to solve a problem or just hoping to learn more about the Mac?
I mean I could do that I wasn't attempting to create an appearance of spamming? They are each legitimate questions on different subjects. If I created them all under different usernames we wouldn't be having this conversation, so what's the difference?
Also, these things also help if other people are googling similiar questions because the specifivity of each header would be refined enough to achieve better results. This is less likely to happen when topics are noted in bodies of text.

To answer your question, yes.

• Haha
Reactions: FreakinEurekan
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.