Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

janeauburn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 22, 2015
Anyone who uses the alarm feature of the clock in iOS knows that sometimes when you press "stop" after an alarm sounds, the alarm stops and shuts off. Other times, it stops but sounds again later. This is a bug that has persisted in iOS for as long as I can remember.

Is there a trick to getting this stupid thing to work properly?

I'm not talking about "snooze." I'm talking about "stop."

Stop should mean stop, especially when it's distinguished from snooze in iOS itself.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Anyone who uses the alarm feature of the clock in iOS knows that sometimes when you press "stop" after an alarm sounds, the alarm stops and shuts off. Other times, it stops but sounds again later. This is a bug that has persisted in iOS for as long as I can remember.

Stop should mean stop, especially when it's distinguished from snooze in iOS itself.
I don’t use the iPhone alarm often, but I have never had this problem when I do.

JonaM

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2017
I've had this on the watch a lot which I think this is down to the watch misinterpreting touches that have a bit of sideways movement to them - I've found that if you tap stop, but your finger is moving slightly ( which is it often is if you're half asleep) it interprets the tap as being for the snooze button instead, so I don't know if you're getting the same thing on the phone.
I have a similar annoyance with setting the alarm where you toggle it on and then put your palm over the watch face to turn the display off so you can sleep and it then interprets that as a slide to switch the alarm back off!

If you don't ever want to use snooze, deselect it from the options for that alarm so that way it can't accidentally select it and there's only 'stop' on the screen

mj_

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2017
Austin, TX
Same here. I've been using the alarm pretty much every single day since I got my first iPhone around 11 years ago or so and never experienced this issue.

Reactions: NoGood@Usernames

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016

Have you tried to change main alarm to any different daily (not morning) time and reproduce it?

Do you have sleep reminder? Try to turn it off / on

Maybe removing other alarms might work?

janeauburn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 22, 2015
So weird. I've had this with no just one phone but three different iPhones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.