Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
How about a guide? Anybody is free to create one, everybody can contribute, and it can be linked in the forum header.

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
A guide is a good idea too.

Explaining aperture settings, flashes, etc. A little discussion about the various brands- maybe just link people over to dpreview?

The recurring "I'm new! I want a DSLR! LOL!!!111" threads crack me up- I'm amazed how many people are nice enough to repost the same information over and over and over again.

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
Nevermind... guess there is a sticky thread already that mostly covers what I imagined...

I suppose someone needs to send me a link to how the search function works. ;):D

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
The recurring "I'm new! I want a DSLR! LOL!!!111" threads crack me up- I'm amazed how many people are nice enough to repost the same information over and over and over again.

Yes, we type the same info over and over but you know what? People decide on what camera is best for them the same way they choose a computer. First they see how much they can spend then they find a camera (or computer) that sells for closeet to that amount. No one ever pays much attention to all that "technical stuff"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.