Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boots-

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2009
Canada
Hey, I'm looking for a new camera for the holiday season. I was hoping to find one with a manual mode, and something like an SLR, but not. I know it's confusing, but I just want something to help me move up to a SLR. So anything will be considered. Try to keep it under $300

Mumstalker

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2009
have you looked at amazon or ebay?. Perhaps you should look into a sony DSC H9 or H7 i personally have an H7 and i can use conversion lenses so this maybe sort of what you want!,

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
B&H photo is a very large company based in NYC. They usually have most current items in stock. You might also try Colonial Camera in Orlando. My cousin is the sales manager and he has always been able to get me out of stock items very quickly (and no, I do not get better treatment for being family).

Boots-

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2009
Canada
B&H photo is a very large company based in NYC. They usually have most current items in stock. You might also try Colonial Camera in Orlando. My cousin is the sales manager and he has always been able to get me out of stock items very quickly (and no, I do not get better treatment for being family).

I checked there for nikon p80 but neither stores have them, any other suggestions for cameras or where to find the p80?

WhiteNoiseMaker

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2007
I checked there for nikon p80 but neither stores have them, any other suggestions for cameras or where to find the p80?

The P80 has been superseded by the P90 try looking for the new model. I just bought a P90 on Friday, the zoom is amazing but I think the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ38 might have been a better choice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.