Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nando2323

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
I am looking for a good photo printer and I have not the slightest clue of which ones are good. Just looking for something simple and nice nothing too fancy, looking to print mostly 8x10 maybe something bigger. What do you guys recommend? Any sites I should look into? Thanks in advance!

gnd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
At my cat's house
I find it cheapest to just upload my photos to a photolab and have them print them at 10 euro cents per photo. I tested at least 6 of them around here and chose one to use. I also always explicitly tell them not to do anything to the photos. They usually run them through some auto level/brightness/contrast program before printing (which might be ok for 90% of people).

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
I am looking for a good photo printer and I have not the slightest clue of which ones are good. Just looking for something simple and nice nothing too fancy, looking to print mostly 8x10 maybe something bigger. What do you guys recommend? Any sites I should look into? Thanks in advance!

I've been happy with results from Epson and HP's printers, though I tend to go for the high end models that print larger than 8x10. I doubt you'll find a terrible printer outside of the very cheapest models from Epson, HP or Canon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.