Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

meeebee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 23, 2016
I've used some excellent apps like SnoreLab on my iphone to know that sometimes I really snore fairly loud. I'm wondering why apps like that don't take it to the next level and implement a function on the apple watch to provide some type of tactic feedback to *slightly* wake me. This would make me switch positions and possibly stop the snoring, like my wife nudging me to wake when I snore too loudly.

I see that there is only one app, Snore Control, that states they do it, so looking for experiences with it too.

Does anyone know of other apps like this and how they work for lowering my snore score?

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I've used some excellent apps like SnoreLab on my iphone to know that sometimes I really snore fairly loud. I'm wondering why apps like that don't take it to the next level and implement a function on the apple watch to provide some type of tactic feedback to *slightly* wake me. This would make me switch positions and possibly stop the snoring, like my wife nudging me to wake when I snore too loudly.

I see that there is only one app, Snore Control, that states they do it, so looking for experiences with it too.

Does anyone know of other apps like this and how they work for lowering my snore score?
There is already such a device. It is called "The Spouse" :p Seriously though, if you snore it is best to get checked out for Sleep Apnea. The doc told me years ago I'd be dead in 5 years from a heart attack if I didn't get tested, and address the issue.

Rich B22

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2019
There is already such a device. It is called "The Spouse" :p Seriously though, if you snore it is best to get checked out for Sleep Apnea. The doc told me years ago I'd be dead in 5 years from a heart attack if I didn't get tested, and address the issue.
+1 on Jazz1's advice. My father died at 50 & my brother passed at 36. I've been treated for sleep apnea for over 25 years and am now 73 with no cardiac issues

Reactions: jazz1 and macguy167

meeebee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 23, 2016
Good advice. I was hoping to not constantly wake up my wife with my snoring, by having a feature to "regulate" my snoring myself.
I did go to a doctor already who was in the process of going through the steps for sleep apnea: determining allergy issues, check for enlarged tongue, do apnea study, look at surgery options, etc. That was right before pandemic so I put that on hold.
I do see that SnoreLab also has a reasonable option to work with a doctor remotely to monitor my sleeping for apnea. It is much cheaper than my previous visits to a doctor.

xStatiCa

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2009
Old thread but after searching, I found one that has a lifetime membership option instead of only monthly/yearly and also has watch vibration/alerts for snoring.
Prime Sleep Recorder

Reactions: worker73
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.