Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

l0renz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 13, 2012
Hi

On New Year's eve, I switched from a Fitbit Charge HR to a Jawbone UP3.
The UP3 has me scratching my head a lot, though. It takes consistent naps when I work out (I know I shouldn't expect any heart rate data but other information like steps, distance, calories,... lacks as well.
Since there's no Jawbone community center or blog I am forced to find fellow users on other forums.
How is your experience with the band? Is the thing one giant failure (in terms of heart rate)?

Thanks in advance

LM

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think you'd be able to find a place better than here, but while you're here, I think I've discovered your problem
I takes consistent naps when I work out
Try to avoid napping during workouts; I know the temptation is strong, but you can do it! ;)

I got a couple of UP2s for family members for Christmas and they seem to like it. But obviously I can't speak much to the HR issue you're having. I do know that the HR is mainly for sleep analysis and I believe also "at rest" calculations. Not for continuous during activity tracking. I would think steps, distance, and calories should all be fine because all of that is (roughly) calculated even for non-HR fitness trackers. How is it lacking?

l0renz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 13, 2012
I would think you'd be able to find a place better than here, but while you're here, I think I've discovered your problem

Try to avoid napping during workouts; I know the temptation is strong, but you can do it! ;)

I got a couple of UP2s for family members for Christmas and they seem to like it. But obviously I can't speak much to the HR issue you're having. I do know that the HR is mainly for sleep analysis and I believe also "at rest" calculations. Not for continuous during activity tracking. I would think steps, distance, and calories should all be fine because all of that is (roughly) calculated even for non-HR fitness trackers. How is it lacking?
Great remark, I meant 'It' though!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.