Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidsmith3988

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2018
Hi friends, I mostly used Windows OS but now I want to use Macbook Pro. Kindly guide me in proper way as i have already told that I am gonna using it 1st time. Kindly suggest me which Macbook Pro Model should i pick??

Standard

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2008
Canada
Hi friends, I mostly used Windows OS but now I want to use Macbook Pro. Kindly guide me in proper way as i have already told that I am gonna using it 1st time. Kindly suggest me which Macbook Pro Model should i pick??

Hi David. Welcome to Mac Rumors! Can you please tell us how you will be using the machine? What kind of software do you use? Any important tasks you run on your computers?

Thanks!

Reactions: keysofanxiety

davidsmith3988

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2018
Well, I am a digital marketing analyst and mostly i am busy in research and also run some marketing related tools. I want the machine which work smoothly when i open 20 tabs in same browser..

Standard

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2008
Canada
Well, I am a digital marketing analyst and mostly i am busy in research and also run some marketing related tools. I want the machine which work smoothly when i open 20 tabs in same browser..

Someone else may want to chime in, but, I think you will do well with any of the base 13" or 15". Will mostly come down to desired screen real estate and storage options.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Someone else may want to chime in, but, I think you will do well with any of the base 13" or 15". Will mostly come down to desired screen real estate and storage options.

Agreed with the above.

OP: any MacBook would do this job fine. I'd suggest any portable Mac except for the MacBook Air, simply because that's quite outdated and the screen isn't as nice. It's just down to your preference on storage, screen size, battery life, and weight.

davidsmith3988

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2018
Alright.. Thanks let me find some multiple Machines then will share here so that could pick 1 of them...

DougFNJ

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2008
NJ
Good luck with your decision. I would suggest to go to either an Apple store if you are near one, a Best Buy, or if an Apple retailer is not nearby, check out the reviews on Youtube.

As others have said, base models will do fine, look at the video reviews of the Touch Bar versions vs the base versions, and see if that might be something that you feel would be interesting to you. Then you just need to figure out how much storage you need, and if you want more RAM with from what you described, standard 8GB should suffice. Great options available though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.