Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rickpoet

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2002
Los Angeles, California
Hi, I'm looking for an AppleScript or Automator action(s) which would allow me to copy specified headers in a group of selected email messages in mail.app.

Background - I run an online poetry magazine which takes submissions by email, I want to on a weekly basis copy all of the email addresses from submissions so I can than invite those folks to join our email list or be able to keep track of a separate list of people who have sent in work, etc.

So say 5 submissions came in, want to select all those messages, run this script or automator action, and it will copy all of the "From" messages...or the "Reply to:" addresses to the clipboard for me to then put them where I need them.

Automator and AppleScript are a bit of a foreign language to me so I'm wondering if something like this exists? Or if someone is willing to create something?

Thank you!

rickpoet

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2002
Los Angeles, California
Thanks for the response. This doesn't quite do what I'm looking for. I want to have email addresses (and or other selected header info) from specifically selected email messages copy to the clipboard so I can paste it elsewhere. What I think this previous recipients menu item does is show a complete list of all received emails regardless of whether they're selected or not. (Though I didn't know that existed so it may come in handy for some other purpose....thanks.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.